How to Get $5,000 in Rebates on Your New Windows.
Window rebates with the Ontario Green Fund.
Save your family money when you replace your old windows this year.
The Ontario Green Fund will give you up to $5,000 back for installing qualifying, energy efficient windows in your home.
All you need to do is find a participating contractor (look at that, you already found one!) and follow through with the steps below.
With the new Ontario Green Fund rebate, it’s a good thing you put off replacing your windows the last few years. The $5,000 you can get back now is the best rebate we’ve ever seen.
What windows give me the rebate?
Shop for Energy Star 2017 Most Efficient certified windows with U value at or below 1.4 W/m2 K or 0.25 BTU/h ft2 F.
You can get back $500 per rough opening, to a maximum of $5,000 (so you can max out at 10 rough openings).
But that can’t be it. How can I know my window installation is eligible?
Your new windows must be replacing old windows. Not entirely new window openings.
Windows must be certified to NRCAN climate zone 3 and listed as ENERGY STAR Most Efficient models. The U value must be at or below 1.4W/m2 K or 0.25 BTU/h ft2 F.
What must you provide to your contractor to complete the rebate submission?
Your contractor must collect and record a handful of information to make sure the Government of Ontario accepts your claim submission.
- Receipts and photos of all products installed (including before/after photos of windows installed).
- Itemized invoices with per unit cost for the product and for installation of the product.
- Your first and last name.
- Your address.
- Your billing address, if different from installation address.
- Your electric utility account number.
- The presence of a central air conditioning system (yes or no).
- The approximate square footage of your home.
- The approximate age of your home.
- Your existing heating energy source.
- The type of heating system in your home.
- The age of your heating system.
We will also submit supporting information, including:
- Our business information.
- The quantity of windows installed.
- The approximate age and type of windows replaced.
- The manufacturer and model numbers of your new windows.
- The registered U value.
- The approximate cost of materials and labour.
There’s never been a better way to save money on new windows.
Contact us for a quote on some great window upgrades and get back a significant portion of your investment almost immediately after installation.
It’s a good time to shop for windows! Don’t miss out.